Are you looking for your colorful statement outfit to wear for your summer engagement session? Let me help! I love advising couples on what to wear for their engagement session, how to dress for the season and tips & tricks to allow them to pop on and off camera!
Here is the best summer engagement session outfit inspiration style board to get you started.
For your summer engagement session, stay bright and don’t be afraid to be bold! The main colors that compliment this warm season are pinks, yellows, oranges, blues, and purples. Take a look at how certain colors work best with together to begin deciding what color pallet speaks the most to you. Exact HEX code color matches available for download here.
For your summer engagement session, you will want to accessorize your outfit with fun pieces that compliment your look without having it appear too busy. The following accessories do a great job at adding extra flare. They also act as minimal props for posing. Couple tend to loosen up a bit more then there is a handbag to clutch or hat brim to toggle on.
- oversized sun hat
- strappy sandals
- tassel earrings
- whicker handbag
- bangle bracelets
- statement necklace
While creating your summertime engagement session ensemble, consider what fabric you are choosing. If you’re shopping for new outfits just a few weeks before your session, chances are you will come across more fabrics purposed for summer and warm weather. And if you’re browsing your closet at home, see if you can find some of the fabrics below in your summer clothes.
Coordinating With Your Fiancé
And while you and your fiancé coordinate your summer outfits, consider these 7 tips to ensure you rock your engagement session!
1. Don’t try to MATCH…try to pick outfits and accessories that coordinate instead. If everyone wore the same exact color at their e-shoot, how boring would those images be?
2. Don’t be afraid to be BOLD! Accessorize and make your outfits your own! Scarves, bold necklaces, and fun shoes are always welcomed!
3. Patterns vs. Graphics. MOST PATTERNS are actually ok….however, graphics are not favorable for portraits. If you’re wearing a pattern, make sure it’s not overwhelming and distracting.
4. Get Inspired! Be sure to check out my Pinterest boards for more outfit inspiration if you’re having trouble!
5. Mix it up! Most often, couples like to have one casual, everyday outfit and then one outfit that is dressier! This will give your shoot two totally different “looks”. I recommend beginning with the dressy outfit first!
6. Be Comfortable! Make sure you’re comfortable in what you’re wearing. And ladies, if the top is super low cut, that will limit the number of angles I can shoot from.
7. Clean the ring! I love to shoot a few rings shots while you change outfits! The cleaner the better!
Explore My Engagement Session Packages!